Saturday 12 October 2013

My first attempt at blow drying hair

So on Thursday in my practical hair class we learned how to blow dry hair, and lets just say well.. Me and the hair dryer didn't get along very well. I was holding the hair dryer wrong and after being shown how to hold it properly it made my life so much easier.
   It was tricky enough to get but I think after some practice it will be alright. I needed to focus more on the ends of the hair and finishing them off to a better standard. I kind of just forgot about the ends as to speak but I'm hoping with a bit more time and practice I will get better at it.
  First we shampooed the hair twice and rinsed it out, then added some conditioner after this was brushed through the hair we rised it out and then towel dried the hair. We then Blast dried off the hair so it was 80 per cent dry and then we added product such as serum , heat protector etc. The reason we blast dried the hair first was so that the product wouldn't be diluted from the wet hair and so the product will work better, also so that it speeds up the blow drying time so that you aren't blow drying the hair for a long time. It was quite difficult to learn but I'm hoping I'll get the hang of it after some practice .

(Photos taken in class of model)


No comments:

Post a Comment