Wednesday 4 December 2013

Further Inspiration for hair plaiting

  

I saw this image, which is a photo of Balenciaga's cape-tastic collection a/w 2011, which for whatever reason really made me think of hair plaiting and then I saw the music video Tennis Court by Lorde which is also on my blog and then everything I started seeing kept making me think of plaiting and twisting the hair so I decided to try and incorporate it into my designs for hair somehow.


                                           

I was out in Southampton and I saw rope and I thought the texture of it made me think of the hair texture of the Elizabethans and it also reminded me of a hair plait



I decided to do a french plait because when I looked at the texture of the rope it looked to me very tight set and I was trying to recreate the texture and tightness of the rope within the hair. I chose to put the plaits at the sides of the head as I thought it gave the style a contemporary twist, since so many people wear plaits on the sides of the head now and I also really liked the way it look. I made the hair clip myself I just bought some feathers and glued them onto a sectioning hair clip and covered all the glued bits with a big diamond.


This also gave me the idea for my fish tail plait because I started thinking then about plaiting and how you can make it into whatever you like so I decided to incorporate a fish tail plait into one of my designs and then pulled it apart to make it quite messy and contemporary

No comments:

Post a Comment