Tuesday 3 December 2013

Contemporary Pin curls - my thought process from where it all began!



This image I found on Stylus.com ( one of my favourite sites) it is a Contemporary take on the pin curls that I was found of in the Elizabethan Portraits that I examined.
   I love the modern take on them with the jewels, the texture created within the hair,

When I started thinking of doing the pin curling for one of my designs, I started to think about the process of pin curling and how I would achieve it in my own hair as its quite short, fine and thin ( Basically everything you don't want ) Which is when I stumbled upon this photo


And then I started thinking, What if I used something in place of the pin curls to create the same shape but just without using my own hair and I really liked the idea of using something like a decoration .... And that's when I went to ASDA to get some brain food, I was starving and really couldn't think anymore plus I thought walking around might give me an idea or two. I got to ASDA and saw a box of red Christmas bulbs, So I tried them out in my own hair to see how it would look or work out



After trying this out and getting advice from one of my lecturers , I decided that maybe it wasn't such a great idea after all and maybe I needed to try something different, That's when I decided to use my own hair extensions and curl them and place them upon my head , it was still the same concept that really drew me in but just using a different medium. And that is how I created my hair style with the pin curls for one of my designs which I ended up using as my final design for my assessment



The texture came from looking at Elizabethan portraits and then comparing that, to Elizabethan Characters in films about queen Elizabeth and then incorporating it into things I liked and saw throughout going through the project like varies music videos and images of hair with great texture which are posted on my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment