Monday 4 November 2013

Hair Inspiration and styles that I like and inspire me.

AG-12.jpg

This hair style I really really love so I said I would include it into my blog as inspiration for future hair styles. I felt it was reflective of what we are currently studying which is Elizabethan hair styles , make-up and fashion. I do feel that this style is an Elizabethan Style made Contemporary. The hair is quite textured and curly which was a proper hair fashion in Elizabethan times. The pearls reflect the Elizabethan fashion as pearls where often worn. The feathers and lace on this particular style highlight a certain delicately that was very dominant within Elizabethan style, for example the high ruffled collar often made of lace and fine fabrics which made the face and hair look very light and delicate.
    Also I think it references Elizabethan hair in terms of being a statement hair style. When you look at the image of the model you become very focused on the hair and the hair is the focal point of the image which was very much the case for Elizabethan hair. It was big and statment like but also very much contained in a certain shape. 

AG-32.jpg

This is also another one of my favourite hair styles. I think this also reflects the Elizabethan hair styles but is also very contemporary . I think the hair looks very adventures and modern but still also has many historical references to it. I would image that the hair was done with hair padding and hair extenstions to make the hair appear more full looking , maybe would have backcombed the hair and then applied in the padding and gripped it all together with hair spray and other holding products.
   I like the way the style suits the shape of the models face and her general frame, it doesnt look top heavy or to over the top but yet thats basically what the style to me is about .

11.jpg

This one hasn't got much to do with Elizabethan Hair, I just really really love it!!



Coke cans in hair, I saw this and started thinking about the process in which pin curling was done, A style that I looked at in Elizabethan Portraits and films made about Queen Elizabethan. It started getting me thinking also about decorations in the hair , much like also explored in Elizabethan portraits.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment