Tuesday 12 November 2013

Experimentation with Contemporary Elizabethan Hair styles.

 


 

 

 

 

 
ok, So Iv done some experiments with this hair style to figure out how it will work in my hair and to further develop it and see what I like and don't like. So here are the photos.


So first I tried the hair style with just my normal hair I didn't like the way it was looking and because my hair is so short the curls weren't really curls they were just ...not great looking. So I then tried using my hair extension's to see would that work better.





This is done using my hair extension's. What I did here was  curled the hair extensions separate to being on my head then placed them onto my head but I found it very difficult to blend in the extension's wit my own hair, however I thought that could be part of my look. To make it look like they had been placed on my head but I just wanted to try out another idea. I went to get some pringles in asda to keep me going with the hair styles and I found some Christmas bulbs and I thought wouldn't they be cool to put into the hair instead of actually doing a pin curl, just to give it that very contemporary twist to the hair .


How I did the hair this way was I made a head band out of elastic and clipped that into my hair either side down near my ears using grips(Will be blonde grips for actual assessment )once the head band was secure I then took grips and put them through the hole of the bulbs and clipped them into my hair. it is done here in black grips because boots was closed by the time I finished college but I am planning on getting blonde grips to blend better with my hair but I think it looks really cool and when its all done properly with the make-up I think it will look quite interesting .
 

 Showing the clips holding the ball in place clipped onto the elastic.



                                          My Second idea of doing a fish tail style 

So this hair style was just down with fish tail plaits.
So to start off doing this hair style put the hair into sections and put a fish tail plait into each section as shown in the picture. you do this for each section and then once all the fish tails are done to add a contemporary twist to it, you can pull the fish tails apart to make a slightly more messy look to the plait.



This is showing the fish tail pulled apart and a bit more messy looking.

Finished look
 


How I would do this in my hair?
Well since I have short hair I would add in my hair extension's for length and also for thickness and then I would plait in my own hair as much as I could to blend it in with the extension's and then fish tail plait the hair extension's as normal to give the same look.
 

For my third idea is to use French plaits (I'm a fan o the plaits lol)




So this is my third hair style idea, where you have two French plaits either side of the head and the held together using a hair clip.

How I did this?
I started off doing a French Plait on the side of the head going back to the lower crown part of the head. When I had one side done I clipped it to hold it while I did the same to the other side of the head. Once the two plaits where done I held them together with a hair clip that I made using glue, feathers and a jewel to make it look Elizabethan. I left the hang that hangs down straight and sleek to give I a more contemporary twist.

How I would do this in my hair?
Well there is two ways I could do this in my hair, I could add extension's in my hair if I want wanted the hair to hang long like I have done on the dolls head in which case I would blend my own hair with the extension's in the plait by plaiting my own hair in with the extensions . Or I could do it in the length of my hair the way it is but I just wouldn't have the hair hanging long it would be short. To do this I wouldn't need to add anything to my hair. You would just French plait the side of my head.  And then add the clip to hold them in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment